Another couple years have gone by since our last update and, as you would expect, there are several new changes around the farm! Here’s a snapshot of all the amazing changes since we last updated.
- Last year we installed a sprinkler system to help keep the dust down in the arena. It’s worked beautifully and has been a huge help to the health of our horses.
- John has been cutting trails into the back of the property and maintaining the beautifully for our riders to enjoy.
- Our Pony Clubbers dominated at Dressage rally this year by winning first place! We also had four of our Center members compete at USPC Festival/Championships. They all represented Pony Tail Acres and the South Region very well.
- This past summer, we expanded the Cross Country field pasture to almost double the size and added a catch pen so that lesson horses could be turned out 24/7.
- In July of this year we added Sheridan Hadley to our staff as Barn Manager to help Dawn be able to focus just on the lessons and training program.
- Last weekend we installed French drains into the arena to help with drainage and hopefully stabilize the ride-ability. We had the perfect “test” as hurricane Irma came knocking on our door Monday morning.
It’s been a whirlwind of the last couple years and we look forward to the rest of 2017 and what it brings us.