Is your son or daughter horse crazy?
Yes! We will be offering limited summer camp once school lets out. How about a week of intensive hands on horse and more horse for your child during the summer? Check out our dates and rates below. For any questions please call Ashley at 770-235-9996!
Summer Camp 2- July 11th- 15th
Summer Camp 3- August 1st-5th
Costs per child: $275 per week
10:00 am- Campers Arrive
10:15 am- Plan for day
10:25 am- Craft
11:00 am- Lunch
11:30 am- Horsemanship
12:00 pm- Grooming and Tacking
12:30 pm- Group 1 Rides
1:15 pm-Group 2 Rides
2:00 pm- Grooming
2:30 pm- Plan for tomorrow and questions
3:00 pm- Leave for home
* Campers can wear shorts but must bring jeans to change into for riding. Proper shoes are
to be worn at all time (no crocs, flip-flops, etc.), sneakers or boots only.
* Lunch should be brought with child along with a snack and reusable water
* Riding will be taught by trainer Kelsey Whittle.
* Camper’s other activities are to be taught by Ruthanne Dyson (assistant trainer).
Day 1: Introduction
Conduct from Campers
Review- rules, grooming, tack, and safety
Horsemanship-Parts of horse focus on head and neck
Review rules, grooming, tack, and safety
Horsemanship- parts of horse review head, neck and start body and legs
Review- grooming, tack, and safety
Horsemanship- Review parts of horse and start parts of saddle and bridle
Review grooming, tack, and safety
Horsemanship-review horse and tack
Goals for Riding
1. Be able to mount by self
2. Hold reins correctly
3. Keep heels down
4. Be able to walk on rail by self
5. Use two-point over a pole
Interested in the 2017 or 2018 summer camp prices